Big Brother Tandem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jury - Aria & David

+6
Alco
reid_alexa
imsexyniknowit
Cherryyy
Mercuzo
sourxgumxrocks
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jury - Aria & David Empty Jury - Aria & David

Post by sourxgumxrocks Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Please make comments/questions here!

This will be done to make it easier to see what has been answered and what hasn't. If you want to post in someone else's thread, that's fine, but be sure to post your primary stuff here! Thanks!
sourxgumxrocks
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

https://bbtandem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jury - Aria & David Empty Re: Jury - Aria & David

Post by Mercuzo Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:17 pm

My line of questioning is optional, as my vote is obviously no secret. I'll just present a series of questions that both pairs can do with what they see fit. You can use it as a platform for other jurors to listen to you, or you can just ignore it.

1) The late-game alliance of Cindy/Alexa and Cherry/Will is a very interesting one, especially considering the history of certain parties in this alliance. While a mutually-beneficial alliance, do you feel this is a one-time arrangement? Or could you see working together again in the future? And has the benefits of this alliance been solely strategic, or has it actually affected your personal feelings towards one another?

2) Going back to the time of the big blowout (4th round? Not sure), I know Alexa and Cindy probably knew their days were numbered, and I'm probably not wrong in saying that Cherry and WCW didn't consider themselves frontrunners - so, at that point in time, which two pairs did you think had the strongest chance of making it to the end? And what were the mistakes they made in failing to get there?

3) LickMyLegImonFire or PretentiousGrandeur?

4) Wish Arik a sincere happy 21st birthday.
Mercuzo
Mercuzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercuzo Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:18 pm

*3) LickMyLegImonFire or PretentiousGrandeur? Why?
Mercuzo
Mercuzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherryyy Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:07 pm

Hello your robot highness. I love answering questions.

1. Well Cindy and I have worked together before, this was just the only successful time. As for Alexa, I thought she was "retiring" (as least that's what David said but I mean do we believe anything that lush claims? <3) so if she does there won't really be a chance. If she doesn't, who knows. Maybe we'll become this obnoxious duo in every game and everyone will be all like UGH CHERRY AND ALEXA ARE PLAYING, OBVIOUS FINAL TWO. As for anything outside of this game, I have no idea. We actually had an in depth conversation that wasn't game related the other day, so who knows. Clearly, I have an effect on people. They just can't stay away xoxo

2. Yes, Will and I knew we weren't at the top of the pack which prompted us to make other arrangements. At the time I'd say the front running teams seemed like JaviAndre and either ArikMikey or JimmyAlaina. I was never totally sure where everyone stood with each other, but had we not teamed up, that was the expected final three. I think in Javi's case he "went wrong" in not making anything solid with me. He and I talked a lot and our teams were working together, but he never proposed any sort of final alliance, which always made me feel like Will and I weren't high on their totem pole. As for Jimmy and Alaina, I think they just flip flopped a bit too much trying to play all sides. It worked well when they jumped initially, but in the end they were evicted by the girls, who they initially turned on so...I guess maybe they should have stuck with their original alliance?

3. What am I picking them for? I actually kind of like Borin. The other one is a legitimate sociopath and you know that and please do not get me started on a rant about how you brought him around, told him a lot of things about me, and he proceeded to stalk my life. He better be seriously gone and maybe even locked up in an institution somewhere. Thanks.

4. I already said happy birthday to him yesterday and I am pretty sure it sounds more sincere when I do it on my own than it does if a robot orders me to.
Cherryyy
Cherryyy

Back to top Go down

Post by imsexyniknowit Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:23 pm

1) The late-game alliance of Cindy/Alexa and Cherry/Will is a very interesting one, especially considering the history of certain parties in this alliance. While a mutually-beneficial alliance, do you feel this is a one-time arrangement? Or could you see working together again in the future? And has the benefits of this alliance been solely strategic, or has it actually affected your personal feelings towards one another?

2) Going back to the time of the big blowout (4th round? Not sure), I know Alexa and Cindy probably knew their days were numbered, and I'm probably not wrong in saying that Cherry and WCW didn't consider themselves frontrunners - so, at that point in time, which two pairs did you think had the strongest chance of making it to the end? And what were the mistakes they made in failing to get there?

3) LickMyLegImonFire or PretentiousGrandeur?

4) Wish Arik a sincere happy 21st birthday.

1) Well Cherry and I had worked together before and I can honestly say that I like working with her because she can be very loyal to you. As for the future I have no idea because I don't know if I would want to play in these games again.

2) I would say Alaina/Jimmy because most people likes them and they were great in challenges too. Honestly, their biggest mistake was turning on us because in the end we had the final say in which got them evicted.

3) Obviously Thomas or Tom whatever his name was. He was funny when we used to talk. I don't think I had a convo with Borin yet but I am sure he is cool too.

4) Happy Belated Birthday Arik Smile
imsexyniknowit
imsexyniknowit

Back to top Go down

Post by reid_alexa Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:37 am

1. For the foreseeable future, I don’t intend on playing anymore strategy games, so unless Cherry or Will want to make some deals in Idol games, I don’t know when we would have the chance to pair up again. Never say never though. I’m honestly opened to working with just about anyone in games. While I doubt we will be having sleepovers and braiding each other’s hair, I obviously have more positive feelings towards Cherry now than I did before. As cheesy as it is, I think we share a little bond that a lot of people on the board and in real life wouldn’t fully understand as they haven’t been in the same situation. 

2. I personally thought that either Javi and Andre or Jimmy and Alaina would win this game. Both teams were our biggest competition threats and both teams had a fairly strong social game. I think that had both teams not made such strong moves to get us out, they may have been able to get to the end but their eventual downfall was us having the numbers and winning competitions. 

3.  I should say Thomas since I’d be afraid if I said otherwise, but I’ll go with Borin be`1qcause I’ve met him and while he trolls, he is a very nice guy. 

4. Happy Birthday, Arik! 3rd cyber hug for you

reid_alexa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherryyy Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:53 am

be`1qcause

that's more amazing than any of my typos
Cherryyy
Cherryyy

Back to top Go down

Post by reid_alexa Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 am

That was my puppy Sad

reid_alexa

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 am

ok ok ok, I know you all have been waiting.. so here are my questions:

Spoiler:
Alco
Alco

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 am

Alright, I think everyone who is voting has their minds made up already (sorry I came late to the party)... but I do want to throw my 2 cents out there, although that is very unlike me Wink

Cindy/Alexa:

There is the claim that you 2 played a non-existent/sub-par "social" game. My understanding is you had deals with DDTea/Kevin, Javi/Andre, Merc/Me (obvs) Jimmy/Alaina and Alexa had her friendship with Kim (emphasis on had). As one of the few people to actually want to play with you this game, to me you ladies had a good enough social game.. with the added understanding through people's words and actions that most people on the "other side" were just lying, playing timidly, or gonna stick to their closer friendships.

My questions:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how much did having Merc/me as your closest allies this game end up hurting you long term?

2. Do you feel that if you would have been the little social butterflies you are both capable of being, it would have made any difference whatsoever this game, or in the end would the same people still have aligned making your efforts at being social irrelevant?

Cherry/Will:

You are putting forth this idea that you had a "top notch" social game as your claim to the crown. As I have debated with Cherry multiple times in different games... to me there is a difference between having a good social game and having pre-existing friendships/alliances. You claim to have not had a "pre" alliance this game... fair enough, one has to take you on your word with that. However, this idea that you had a good social "game" when you played with close friends like Javi, Mikey, Shay, Andre and Angel seems like an argument you've put forth during the jury phase as a means to make it seem like you did something this game.

My question:
Do you honestly feel as though your good "social game" is what got you to this point... or could you have kept your mouths shut the entire game and have made it just as far because of your existing connections to multiple people this game added on top of being non-threats in competitions?
*"kept your mouths shut" meaning you would talk, but not as much or as amazingly as you claim you did.  

Super proud of Cindy and Alexa for making the run to the end <3<3<3 and thankful to Cherry and Will for being willing to work with these lovely ladies when everyone else wanted their heads on a stick. Good luck you crazy kids  bounce 
Alco
Alco

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherryyy Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 am

Oh David. Okay first I'd like to comment on this:

Cindy/Alexa:

There is the claim that you 2 played a non-existent/sub-par "social" game. My understanding is you had deals with DDTea/Kevin, Javi/Andre, Merc/Me (obvs) Jimmy/Alaina and Alexa had her friendship with Kim (emphasis on had).

I never claimed their social game was nonexistent, but some of the examples you included to make the girls sound better aren't exactly applicable, considering Javi/Andre nominated them week 2 and Alexa's friendship with Kim accomplished absolutely nothing in this game except them becoming exfriends.

I'm not trying to bash you girls, promise, I just need to break apart everything David says and analyze it. We're addicted to arguing with each other.

Moving on to my section:

You are putting forth this idea that you had a "top notch" social game as your claim to the crown. As I have debated with Cherry multiple times in different games... to me there is a difference between having a good social game and having pre-existing friendships/alliances.

Honestly, David, we all know you only bothered to write these questions to give me something to do. I could write a perfect essay and the girls could refuse to answer and you still wouldn't vote for Will and I. But I've never been one to not try, so I will answer.

I agree with your statement completely. But forgive me if I sound arrogant, but I have a LOT of friends. I can't actively decide NOT to work with anyone I am friends with, that would eliminate half the cast. I could have taken the easy way and just piggybacked off of my friendships, and I actively chose not to. For one thing, there are people in this cast who I am friends with (such as Dillon and Kevin) who I did not approach to work with at all. Aside from trying to save Arik and Mikey week one, I didn't work with them much at all, and Mikey is my best friend.

I approached the girls for an alliance. They were receptive, they may have been considering the same thing, but the fact that remains that not only was I the one to initiate it, but I didn't necessarily "need" to. Will and I had other teams we were communicating with, and while things weren't necessarily looking good in terms of us getting to the end, we weren't in immediate danger of going home. The girls wanted to work with us because they had very few other options.

I approached two people who did not like me and asked them for an alliance. Will and I won an HoH and we nominated two teams that consisted of my close friends. We did not have to do that, we could have gone back on the alliance we made with the girls, we could have backdoored them that week, it probably would have gained favor with the remaining teams, but we stayed loyal to the alliance we made.

I'm not saying my social game was 100% perfect, but do I need to reiterate for you that I approached two people who did not like me, asked them to align with me, got them to trust me, and then we all stayed loyal? How can you claim my social game was not good at that point? How can you accuse me of working with friends and confusing being popular for social game when I actively DIDN'T work with my friends?

Btw, I definitely didn't have a pre alliance this game, as I didn't know anyone else who was playing. I wasn't even planning to play this. I liked the idea of it and I asked Nat if he would play with me and he said no. Shay said maybe, but then we never talked about it again. I figured he decided not to play, so I never bothered to sign up cuz I didn't have a partner. Will messaged me and asked me if I would like to join as his partner, so I said yes. I didn't even know Shay was playing until the cast was posted, I assumed he had changed his mind because he and I never discussed it.

In all complete fairness and honesty though, aside from win challenges, what did the girls do that we didn't do? I think all four of us were playing this game the entire time. Just because you aren't nominated week two doesn't mean you're not playing. Just because you didn't win 6 vetoes doesn't mean you're not playing. You are undermining anything Will and I have done by saying we had friends in the game and I am using that as an excuse to have done something. Just because we didn't win any challenges doesn't mean we weren't there. Didn't your own personal hero and favorite BB player ever Dr. Will Kirby play without winning a single challenge? I am not saying I am like him in any way, just pointing out that you can play a good game without winning a lot of challenges. Plus, Will and I did win three challenges, including the most important two Smile

Do you honestly feel as though your good "social game" is what got you to this point... or could you have kept your mouths shut the entire game and have made it just as far because of your existing connections to multiple people this game added on top of being non-threats in competitions?

Hmmm considering the people we went to the end with, and the people who saved us at the final four were the people who we did not have a previous good relationship with, no I do not think we would have made it here without having a good social game. Had we not aligned with the girls I don't think we would have gotten to the end. It was not solely social game though, it was also thinking strategically. Will and I had many strategy sessions where we decided what moves would be best for us to make, who we should talk to in order to be safe, what we should do if we were to win a competition, etc.

I do not think anyone would have dragged us here based on existing friendships. Look I get that you personally like to play with your friends every single time you play something and don't branch out much but that doesn't mean everyone else does, and even if they did, there are many factors. Just because I am friends with someone doesn't mean their partner likes me, or that they like Will, or even if they do like both of us there could be another team they like more, etc. Anyone who joins a game and decides to do absolutely nothing and hope their friends carry them to second place is an idiot, and I would hope that there aren't people on here who think that is a viable way to play a game (except maybe JB. I question that kid sometimes.)

So basically to sum this all up...there's a 99% chance you aren't voting for us anyway, but I hope I answered your questions efficiently enough, sir.

Cherryyy
Cherryyy

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielB Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Okay people, lol...DDTea/Kevin are the same person. Laughing I'm not DDTea nor am I Kevin. Laughing this is the second time I've seen someone leave me out of the pair accidently by saying both Kevin's name and his username. lolololol
DanielB
DanielB

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm

I think Cherry's response to this may have just turned over my vote. O_O
A-Supreme
A-Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherryyy Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm

Haha people just love the name Kevin. In the answer key for the final hoh Johnny listed metsrus's name as Kevin...and it's Tom lollllllll.

Danny omg I hope so haha
Cherryyy
Cherryyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Much like Merc, I gave you a little platform to present an argument... difference being I gave you shit in the process Wink

You def reiterated some of your main points from other questions, and while I do disagree with you on a lot of what you wrote, I'm not about to start copy and pasting everything to try and decimate your argument. You made final 2, and ya got to present something... so I won't be the one to argue with you about it on this thread cause I am not sitting next to you for the win.

While the exorbitant amount of pink you used burned my retina and may have permanently done serious eye damage.. you def took the time to answer, I'll give you that much. Thank you for taking the time... I think you may have just turned over my vote.  Rolling Eyes bounce
Alco
Alco

Back to top Go down

Post by imsexyniknowit Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:25 pm

Cindy/Alexa:

There is the claim that you 2 played a non-existent/sub-par "social" game. My understanding is you had deals with DDTea/Kevin, Javi/Andre, Merc/Me (obvs) Jimmy/Alaina and Alexa had her friendship with Kim (emphasis on had). As one of the few people to actually want to play with you this game, to me you ladies had a good enough social game.. with the added understanding through people's words and actions that most people on the "other side" were just lying, playing timidly, or gonna stick to their closer friendships.

My questions:

1. On a scale of 1-10, how much did having Merc/me as your closest allies this game end up hurting you long term?

2. Do you feel that if you would have been the little social butterflies you are both capable of being, it would have made any difference whatsoever this game, or in the end would the same people still have aligned making your efforts at being social irrelevant?

Aww thank you Smile

1)Maybe 6 or 7

2)I don't think it would have made a difference..

Jury - Aria & David WALCOTT-GIBBS-PATTY-CAKE
imsexyniknowit
imsexyniknowit

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:47 pm

Good to know that Alco and his obviously biased questions made it clear that one pairing cares to earn votes while another pair expects them. I think this shows who should win. ^_^
A-Supreme
A-Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't think my questions were biased, I am an impartial member of the jury  Razz 
Alco
Alco

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 am

...except you're not.
A-Supreme
A-Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by reid_alexa Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 am

Good to know that Alco and his obviously biased questions made it clear that one pairing cares to earn votes while another pair expects them.

What does that even mean Dan? When have Cindy and I shown that we expect votes? We have answered all the questions (except Davids because he posted it so far after everyones) to the best of our abilities. I don't really understand how you can criticize anyone for having biased questions because everyones questions have been biased. The only people whose votes we "expected" were Mercuzo and David for fairly obvious reasons. I don't know why you are taking what David is saying and somehow reflecting it on how we have played this game. Its not fair to base your vote on how you feel about a jury member. If you don't want to vote for us thats perfectly fine but I don't think its very nice to start saying that Cindy and I haven't done anything to earn votes.

reid_alexa

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:20 am

You did see Cherry's answer to David's question and compare it to Cindy's answer, right?
A-Supreme
A-Supreme

Back to top Go down

Post by reid_alexa Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm

I did. But I also just mentioned that David asked his question a week after everyone else did. Cindy and I both work full time and had already been writing our closing statement. We asked David if he was going to post a question and he said he didn't think so. I didn't even know this question was posted. If you look back at every question we have both answered in depth to every one, even the votes we assumed we didn't have. If Shay had posted a question we would have answered that one as well. Cindy and I didn't have a free ride for half the game, so maybe cut us some slack for being exhausted after this game. Cindy got four hours of sleep every night of this game because she was working her ass off in the challenges, which we actually had to win to stay in the game. If David had posted this two or three days ago before John said to make closing statements we would have answered it with as much attention as Cherry. Cindy and I talked about every jury question and came up with what to say as a pair, we couldn't with this question so she quickly wrote something. If you are going to vote based on this singular question that sucks but that's your choice. I'd ask for you to reconsider and think about which pair put in the effort all game and not who put more effort into this single question.

reid_alexa

Back to top Go down

Post by WCW Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:45 pm

I have to just interject here. We did not "get a free ride for the first half of the game" we relied on our alliances to get through the game that's how the game works. We were nominated fairly early twice in a row and almost went home but we worked to get votes the 8-4 vote could have ended up differently if we hadn't talked to anyone we secured votes and relied on alliances.

I'm sorry if you had to fight every round but that shows the downfall of your social game. You chose to align based on emotion in your boyfriend which is great but your social game wasn't good enough to convince your allies not to play hard the first week as it negatively affected you, and instead of jumping ship week 2 you consistently voted in the minority. Which shows either 1. You had no clue what was going on and you thought you had votes, or 2. You just wanted to protect your friends and threw strategy out the window. Me and cherry knew who was leaving every round and every vote we cast was for the person leaving you cannot say that.

We have been civil this whole jury and for you to try to throw jabs now is low.

WCW

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherryyy Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Will <3
Cherryyy
Cherryyy

Back to top Go down

Post by reid_alexa Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Actually Cindy and I haven't commented on your game whatsoever, but y'all have mentioned our "poor" social game several times, so I don't necessarily think saying that we personally didn't have a free ride as "low." I didn't actually mean your team specifically or exclusively either. I think a few teams coasted because of their relationships not "alliances" in this game. Dan brought up the comparison between the effort in the jury question and I wanted to mention our effort throughout the whole game, which I think we personally had more of. I didn't align because of emotions with my boyfriend, we joined a game separately and no matter if we work together or not we will always be considered aligned. Javi who we had a deal with nominated us because of our outside relationships. It doesn't mean we have a poor social game because not many people gave us a chance to have a social game. You guys had a better social game, but it's easier when you have more friends in a game. I don't think you understand that even if we had voted in the majority we still would have been a target.

There are a lot of things I found severely flawed with your game as well but we haven't commented on them because we have tried to highlight our own game.

reid_alexa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next