Dillion and Kevin's Corner

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Dillion and Kevin's Corner

Post by Alco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:50 pm

The other corner wasn't made with as much love as this one... so I thought I'd set up something special for ya'll.

I'm sure Kevin is a little more use to the accommodations, but it works (John likes to put all the $$$ into the games). Sorry to see you guys join us Sad

Alco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dillion and Kevin's Corner

Post by Alco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:52 pm

Dillon*

....I'd blame the alcohol for so many typos in this house (were john to actually provide us with any :\)
Alco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 pm

No alcohol. Just water.
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

View user profile http://bbtandem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Trying to keep us fresh in case we get the chance to go back into the game, hmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Alco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:29 pm

We can go with that.

Doesn't make it fact <3
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

View user profile http://bbtandem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:34 pm

One can dream... can't they?

Alco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:27 am

I keep a stash for the cool kids. Be fortunate that I even offered you a Heineken.
A-Supreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oiyref on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:58 am

So what, Tom and I have to sleep on the floor or something? What's a guy gotta do to get accommodations around here?? lol
Oiyref

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 am

You can always sleep in my bed, Geoff. Wink
A-Supreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oiyref on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:15 am

So THAT'S what I gotta do, huh? Well, it's not the first time I've had to whore myself out, and it certainly won't be the last!  Razz 
Oiyref

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 am

thank you for the nice bed mercuzo Smile
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:19 am

i mean david lol. Did everyone voted out make jury?? in other news my fiance and i met russell todd from friday the 13th part two! http://i62.tinypic.com/20iaqut.jpg lol at his shirt
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:53 pm

OMG that's awesome, I love the Friday the 13th franchise and the second film is awesome. That death was one of my favorites from that film. What a Face 

What's your favorite movie from it?
A-Supreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Part 4 is epic to me. it had a chilling settin, tge deaths were kick ass, the characters were hhilarious. that dance will forever be my favorite lol. the one crispin glover did.
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:00 pm

The fourth is legit, probably in my top five along with the original, Part 2, Part 6, and Jason X. Jason's take down was the best in Part 4, but Part 6 is my favorite film due to the use of suspense and appropriate setting.
A-Supreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alco on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:02 pm

DDTea wrote:i mean david lol.  Did everyone voted out make jury??  in other news my fiance and i met russell todd from friday the 13th part two!  http://i62.tinypic.com/20iaqut.jpg lol at his shirt

Alright... that's kinda awesome. That kind of luck in real life to meet someone from a horror movie... but no translation to silly internet games in the last HOH Sad

I guess I'd take that over the last HOH win too lol Thank you Kevin for being an absolute sweetheart, you deserve better in every game you've played on here... but I'm just glad I met you and have gotten to know what I have so far. <3
Alco

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:56 pm

I am really glad to have met you too david. you have been nothin but nice to me to me and i appreciate that. Wink
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielB on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:58 pm

I got bottom bunk Kev Smile
DanielB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:59 pm

A-Supreme wrote:The fourth is legit, probably in my top five along with the original, Part 2, Part 6, and Jason X. Jason's take down was the best in Part 4, but Part 6 is my favorite film due to the use of suspense and appropriate setting.
Cindyfan loves part 6 as well! I like it but some parts like the paintball scene was just too silly lol. i love 2-4 for the woodsy scare i got from watchin. jasonx was the best of the later parts. Parts 5 and 9 are the worst.
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:00 pm

lol sounds good sis!! you can hand me up some drinks lol
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:28 pm

Parts 1, 2, and 4 are the like the classic, golden era of the series. You can't really go wrong with those films, though I admit I don't get the love for Part 3. :\

Tara and I gush about our love for Part 6 from time and time. I just felt like it was the only 'Friday' film that actually made use of the camp location that actually had kids present. Plus, this film actually tried to develop some of the characters and build suspense, despite such an awkward beginning and random-as-fuck kills (the paintball scene, as you mentioned, included). Still a solid selection.

'Jason X' is truly an underrated film and is the best, most 'Friday' film since New Line Cinema took the reigns. It wasn't perfect, but it's all in good fun.

I enjoyed the final girl in Part 5 and some of the deaths and outrageous characters completely saved it. I even would say that this Tommy seemed more characteristic of the Tommy that would be after the horrific events of Part 4... the fact that they completely retooled the Tommy character in Part 6 was one of major beefs with my favorite film of the franchise.

Part 9 was definitely weird as hell for a 'Friday' film, and I didn't care much for the plot or writing, but I have to admit this one actually had scenes that legit disturbed me the most of any 'Friday' film. Two that come to mind is the tent sex scene and the melting scene after the Jason creature jumped bodies. Gave me goosebumps. :\

#HorrorMovieGeeksUnite
A-Supreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 pm

part 6 had great characters. good example is the the red head that jason killed in the cabin. you get to see she is a sweetheart and not like the earlier boob showin sluts from the first few parts in the series. kinda wish she had been the final girl.

part 3 is silly largely in part from the cray 3d stuff. what the hell lol? the crazy ralph rip off guy in the street with the eyeball, the yoyo, the popcorn, jeffs eyeball. it was just bad. but the suspense still sends me chills.

part nine was a mess. the tent part disturbed me too along with the him killin that one waitress. it was too much. but like i told cindyfan i hate that there was no jason. it was mainly body swaps and them doin the kills. i felt cheated. i own all the fridays and its the one i refuse to watch. i can watch jason x over and over again. it is one of my favorites. im so glad that you are a friday fan! why is the jury house better than still bein in the house lol
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Oiyref on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:17 pm

Part 2 is my favorite!

Part 4 is also solid. Love the satirical play of the male being objectified in the shower kill.

Part 5 is severely underrated IMO. Is it because it wasn't Jason that people don't like it? It was good psychological horror, and the guy playing Tommy was HOOOTTT!!

Part 6, 7, and 8 are hard for me to watch. The zombie Jason thing made it start to get convoluted, plus all the fights with the censors. They're not as memorable for me.

1-5 is where it's at!
Oiyref

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Supreme on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:05 pm

I can talk horror films all day and all night, so I think we could be in for a fun ride here boys if you're horror freaks like I am. ^_^

I freaking loved Paula and her death was probably the saddest one of all the films, perhaps short of Alice's tragic (but necessary) death in Part 2. I kind of agree with your notion that she should have been the final girl for Part 6. They built her up to be such a sweetheart only to give her the bloodiest, most brutal death of the film - pretty 'Friday' of them, but I tell myself that maybe they were trying to sort of toy with the audience here? If so, that's kind of smart and makes me love the film even more.  

One criticism though about the 'Friday' films is that I kind of didn't like how they started making the final girls really obvious from the getgo. When you start with a new cast each film, a bit of the suspense could be had with toying with who lives and who dies. When I first watched Part 6, I kind of figured that the spunky sherriff's daughter who had the hots for sane Tommy was pretty safe and wouldn't be killed off. I think the only ones where they kept you truly guessing who would survive were Parts 1 and 5. I didn't anticipate Alice being the lone survivor mostly because it was highly hinted that her and Steve had an inappropriate relationship (non-virgins die in horror films, according to 'Scream'?!!?) and Pamela wasn't even a teenager and all the final girls to that point were likeable, rootable teenage girls. Which is another reason why I appreciated Part 5 despite it's flaws.

I haven't viewed Part 3 in 3D yet, but I should get some glasses and try it out sometime. I keep forgetting that a lot of the awkward death scenes in that were tailor made for it being in 3D. I thought the boyfriend's eye popping scene was ridiculous on first view, but maybe it looks better in 3D - by early 80's standards, anyway.

I agree with the zombie Jason thing too Geoff. I honestly thought I'd hate Part 6 for starting off with the Jason resurrection and sane Tommy threw me offguard considering what a fucked-up mess he was in Part 5 (imagine watching Parts 5 and 6 back-to-back the way I had!), but once you get past that, it's really not that bad imo and Jason is still a badass motherfucker, zombie or not.

Hated Part 8 -  The actress playing Rennie, though hot, was totally awful and seemed out of her element in a slasher film. Part 8 is honestly my least favorite of the 'Fridays', even below Part 9. Absolutely nothing was redeemable about it... it didn't even take place in Manhattan until like 3/4ths of the way into the film!

btw - what's your favorite horror franchise if you had to pick one?
A-Supreme

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DDTea on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 pm

i didnt like part 8 either. it was such a letdown. its only save grace was the ship portion. thats why its not listed lower than part 9 for me. part 7 is probably my favorite of the later parts because of the deaths and high body count. if it werent for that it would be a dud as well. geoff i love part 2 and vicki who wanted to get with the guy in the wheelchair was my favorite. is it weird that when i watch her death scene i still hope somehow she lives?? lol.

my favorite franchise is tough. i can eliminate nightmare on elm street off the bat. i only like parts 3 and 4 and i use the term like loosely. texas chainsaw massacre is the one franchise that i like the remakes more than the original. after eliminatin things like childs play and scream i would say it boils down to the friday and halloween series. halloween it is lol. there is not one part i havent enjoyed.
DDTea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next