Head of Household Comps

Go down

Head of Household Comps

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Head of Household #1
Once Upon a Time

Welcome to Big Brother Tandem: Scylla + Charybdis! Communication is key in a game such as this. One bad move can not only affect you, but it can also drag down your closest ally, who will literally be there to the end with you, for better and for worse. Congratulations to you all, as you have all made jury! You will all have a say in deciding the winning pair this season! All of you will also be allowed to compete in the veto competitions as well! Before we begin this voyage, it is good to reflect back on the Greek gods that have made all this possible.  
Tonight's competition will be a simple way to kick off the season. I will be posting a description of a Greek god. Both members of a pair must post ON THE THREAD in order to score a point. Be careful though. The longer you wait for your ally, the more likely other people will see your answer and post as well. The first pair to correctly post will score a point. In the event of a tie where the second person from multiple pairs get the same timestamp, the pair with the shortest gap in between will score.

Should be simple. After ten rounds, the pair with the most points will become your first Heads of Household, where they will nominate two pairs for eviction. Are there any questions? First round will be at :37, which is more than enough time to strategize with your ally. Good luck to you all!
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

View user profile http://bbtandem.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Head of Household Comps

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:25 pm

1. Bloodshed
2. Time
3. Growth
4. Communication
5. Wilderness
6. Strategy
7. Hearth
8. Festivity
9. Regret
10. Desire

1 Ares
2 Chronos
3 Demeter
4 Hermes
5 Artemis
6 Athena
7 Hestia
8 Comus
9 Hades
10 Aphrodite
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Head of Household #2
Robbing of the Cicones

Every true epic starts with a beginning, and this one is no different. Shortly after winning the Trojan War, Odysseus made his trip back home. On their way, however, they landed on the island of the Cicones, where they killed all the men and enslaved the women, feeling powerful after their recent victory. Not all was sweet however, as the neighbors of this island began sending reinforcements to drive Odysseus and his men out of the island.
Tonight's competition will test your feelings of confidence, or in some case, arrogance. For each round, I will be posting the word "NOW" on the thread. The last player to post on the thread will be eliminated. The last person standing will become Head of Household (and their partner will join them). You will have two minutes each round. If someone fails to post, all active players will be spared.

Any questions?
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Head of Household #3
See No Evil

Upon leaving the land of the lotus eaters, Odysseus and his crew continue to travel and find themselves encountering giant one-eyes beasts, the uncivilized Cyclopes. They try to present themselves in a positive hospitable light, but the beast is having none of it and traps them all in a cave, ready to eat them. The men must act quickly, but they must not kill the beast while it is asleep, as he is blocking their only way out. The time is ticking!
Tonight's competition will test your knowledge on horror movies. There will be ten horror movie names posted, but careful, most of the name will be virtually impossible to see, as you will have the eye of a cyclops. You will have an hour to detect as many as possible, but beware, as each player may only submit at most five. This means you will need your partner in order to reach the best score possible. In the event of a tie, the pair that sends the quickest will win. You may only send once as a person (no resents or edits). You will private message me your submissions.

Here is an example:

_ _ _ / S _ _ _ _ / _ e _ _ _

The correct answer is "The Sixth Sense".

Those who did not vote in time will be ineligible to compete (realitytvfreak2).

Any questions?
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:48 pm

1. _ _ _ / _ _ r _ _ _ g
2. _ r _ _ n / _ e _ _ n _
3. C _ _ _ _ _ n _ / _ a _ _
4. _ a _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ a _ _
5. _ _ _ / _ i _ _ _ _ d _ _ _ / _ a _
6. _ _ _ / _ t _ f _
7. _ _ a _ o _ _ a
8. _ h _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _ / _ e _ _
9. _ o _ g _ y _ _ _
10. _ _ _ t _ g _

I may or may not post hints throughout the comp. GOODluck

Answers:

The Burning
Urban Legend
Chopping Mall
Cabin by the Lake
The Gingerdead Man
The Stuff
Anaconda
Shaun of the Dead
Boogeyman
Vertigo/Hostage*

*Both of these fit so I accepted either.
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Head of Household #4
Hungry for Power

Lacking wind, the Achaeans row to the land of the Laestrygonians, a race of powerful giants whose king, Antiphates, and unnamed queen turn Odysseus’s scouts into dinner. Odysseus and his remaining men flee toward their ships, but the Laestrygonians pelt the ships with boulders and sink them as they sit in the harbor. Only Odysseus’s ship escapes this horde of voracious cannibals.
Tonight's competition will test how well, or how terrible, you guys are when your backs are pushed against the wall. This is a dog-eat-dog world and each of you will have to show that you are willing to cut out everyone else to ensure yourself success.

I will be posting "HUNGRY YET?" It will be up to you to private message me the name of any other player in this competition. If that player does not include you in their submission, he or she will be eliminated. If that player does include you, however, then you will be eliminated instead.

Example I:

I send in first and include marbleann in my answer.
marbleann sends in and includes sourxgumxrocks in her answer. Therefore I would be eliminated and marbleann stays in the game.

Example II:

I send in first and include marbleann in my answer.
marbleann sends in and includes Melificent1 in her answer. Therefore marbleann would be eliminated and I stay in the game.

Each round will last at most ninety seconds. Any answers after will not be accepted. Any questions?
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Head of Household #5
Beyond the Grave

Odysseus soon becomes Circe’s lover, and he and his men live with her in luxury for a year. When his men finally persuade him to continue the voyage homeward, Odysseus asks Circe for the way back to Ithaca. She replies he must sail to Hades, the realm of the /dead, to speak with the spirit of Tiresias, a blind prophet who will tell him how to get home.
Tonight's competition will test your knowledge on the dead, the creations of the darkest of minds. I will post horror movie stills and you must identity the movie on this game thread!

The fastest time will receive +3 points.
The next fastest time will receive +2 points.
The third fastest time will receive +1 point.
Everyone else receives nothing. You must answer correctly.

However, if you get a score of 13 (or any multiple), you will automatically win the competition! Beware though, if you get a score of 7 (or any multiple), you will automatically be eliminated from the competition.

The first pair to reach 13 (or any multiple) will win head of household. We will have thirteen rounds. If no one wins by then, then the pair with the most points will win. In the event of a tie, we will have a tiebreaker question.

Once again, spelling counts. Any questions?

Spoiler:
IMAGE ONE:

The correct answer is POLTERGEIST.

IMAGE TWO:

The correct answer is BLACK CHRISTMAS.

IMAGE THREE:

The correct answer is LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.

IMAGE FOUR:

The correct answer is HOUSE OF WAX.

IMAGE FIVE:

The correct answer is JEEPERS CREEPERS II.

IMAGE SIX:

The correct answer is CHILD'S PLAY 3.

IMAGE SEVEN:

The correct answer is GHOST SHIP.

IMAGE EIGHT:

The correct answer is WRONG TURN.

IMAGE NINE:

The correct answer is JACK FROST.

IMAGE TEN:

The correct answer is CABIN IN THE WOODS.

IMAGE ELEVEN:

The correct answer is KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE.

IMAGE TWELVE:

The correct answer is FINAL DESTINATION 5.

IMAGE THIRTEEN:

The correct answer is SIGNS.
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:01 pm

Head of Household #8
Leading to the Slaughter

Odysseus next comes to Thrinacia, the island of the Sun. He wants to avoid it entirely, but the outspoken Eurylochus persuades him to let his beleaguered crew rest there. A storm keeps them beached for a month, and at first the crew is content to survive on its provisions in the ship. When these run out, however, Eurylochus persuades the other crew members to disobey Odysseus and slaughter the cattle of the Sun. They do so one afternoon as Odysseus sleeps; when the Sun finds out, he asks Zeus to punish Odysseus and his men. Shortly after the Achaeans set sail from Thrinacia, Zeus kicks up another storm, which destroys the ship and sends the entire crew to its death beneath the waves. As had been predicted, only Odysseus survives, and he just barely. The storm sweeps him all the way back to Charybdis, which he narrowly escapes for the second time.
Tonight's competition will deal with the remains of the memory of the slaughtered cattle. Charybdis may have ruined them to shreds, but it will be up to you to piece things back together. I will give you a puzzle of some cattle, and the player who has the best time will win Head of Household. You must include your IMDb profile AND your confessional in your screenshot so I know it is you, no exceptions. You will have one hour to complete this. In the event that there is a tie for fastest time, first player to post submission in confessional will win. If no one completes it, the player the furthest along will win. Does everyone understand?

http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=13c2755c108f
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kyogre123 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Wait a minute, you already hosted a "win if you reach amount of points multiple of..." challenge?? Lmfaoooo and I thought my challenge was original. Laughing
kyogre123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:02 pm

lol its fine gurl, they were slightly different <333
sourxgumxrocks
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sourxgumxrocks on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:34 pm

Head of Household #9
Calm Before the Storm

When Odysseus finishes his story, the Phaeacians return Odysseus to Ithaca, where he seeks out the hut of his faithful swineherd, Eumaeus. Though Athena has disguised Odysseus as a beggar, Eumaeus warmly receives and nourishes him in the hut. He soon encounters Telemachus, who has returned from Pylos and Sparta despite the suitors’ ambush, and reveals to him his true identity. Odysseus and Telemachus devise a plan to massacre the suitors and regain control of Ithaca.
After preparing yourselves for the climax, you guys recount your old adventures to get to this point in the game. Tonight's competition will test your memory. I will post an alphabetized list of the names of the challenges. It is your duty to order them by chronological appearance. You must post them in your confessional. You may only submit once per pair. You will have thirty minutes (30) to order them. The first player to order these will win Head of Household. If no one gets it, then the pair with the best answer key will win (most answers correct, fastest time if that ties). Does everyone understand?

Spoiler:
A Current Affair
Ain't No Man Good Enough For Me
Beyond the Grave
Calm Before the Storm
God and Goddess
Haste Makes Waste
Hungry for Power
I Smell Bacon
Leading to the Slaughter
Lotus Tell You a Story
Mind.Blown.